Thursday, November 8, 2012

Manhunt International 2012 Coverage

I was part of the 2-person team to cover Manhunt International 2012 in Bangkok, Thailand. The competition was from November 1-11 while pageant night will be on November 9.


During Press Presentation

53 candidates from all over the world and it's quite a bunch. No clear standout from my stand of view. Everyone was in his tip toe shape and looking awesome.(Good photos taken by me were all published in missosology website)

1. Albania: Too skinny for me. He's 18 years old and I was expecting an 18-year old attitude for him.

2. America: Very handsome. He has this irresistible smile and boy next door look. One of the smallest.

3. Australia: I appreciated him when I requested for a video message for my friends. Very friendly. He is so muscular. Too big according to some organizers and candidates.

4. Bahamas: Hottie brown. For me, he's kinda too muscular for the title.

5. Belgium: Looks old. Out of my list.

6. Bolivia: I was not able to talk to him even once. Not a stand out.

7. Bosnia: Skinny. Not my type but my friend's sentimental favorite. He's one of the candidates I often talked to though. Very friendly and always smiles when we meet. He was part of the delegation which includes Manhunt International 2011 winner, Misters Columbia, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore who attended Miss Intercontinental-Thailand send off party. I said he's one of good looking candidates that's why he was chosen to be there. He was so happy.

8. Brazil: He is my first few days favorite. Always smiles and makes love to my lense. He knows I like him. He kinda fades away as the final night nears.

9. Bulgaria: I don't like him mainly because I'm irritated with his national director who's always making a scene. He has a cute face but not a stand out.

10. Cambodia: A fresh face. The longer you look at him, the more you'll love him. One of the smallest.

11. China: Handsome from a far. So-so candidate.

12. Columbia: The most handsome for me. Same pose for every picture. He doesn't like his smile. One of my closest candidates. He's one of my top 3.

13. Costa Rica: We had a long conversation as I sit beside him in the bus. Very competitive. I like his perception. He's so much enjoying the competition. Very broad minded. He worked as a Fraud Supervisor for Capital One bank's call center. We've got a common ground.

14. Czech Republic: He's one of Thai favorites but not me. Mediocre.

15. Denmark: Friendly according to my Pawee. Too old for me. Never had the chance to chat with him.

16. Dominican Republic:  When he looks at you, you melt! Bulky and sexy.

17. France: I didn't notice him!

18. Germany: Sexy face as if he's eat you. Kinda short.

19. Greece. One of Thai media favorites.

20. Hong Kong: He has this different fashion style which I think is popular in his country. Very silent.

21. India: Stands out everytime he smiles. Like!

22. Indonesia: Damn gorgeous. Seldom smiles. Boyfriend material. Met his national director. Very Nice woman. Akbar is not very good in English. It was very hard to converse with him. I instead talked to his national directress.

24. Iran: Won Mr Canada but requested to represent Iran instead because Iran needs a boost for male pageants. Has this American accent that is why I liked talking with him. Very conversant.

25. Japan: No English. Very quiet. He was hand picked by Japan's national director.

26. Latvia: Sexy body but not a stunner for me.

27. Lebanon: OMG, my teddy bear. Very huggable and interesting. In all fairness, he wants to win. Kinda rowdy buy lovable. Yummy!

28. Lesotho: The doctor. Gay. Wink.

29. Macau: Nice body, weird face.

30. Macedonia: Very quiet but got the chance to talk to him. He's gorgeous but one of the guys who can't wait to go home. He thinks Thai food is equivalent to Vet food. Doesn't enjoy the pageant so don't expect him to win.

31. Malaysia: Very manly. Burp!

32.Mexico: The most notable for me during press presentation when he danced as he posed infront of the major sponsors. His spark faded away as the finals nears.

33. Mongolia:  Very lovable and boyfriend material looking. I bet he'll grab a semi-finalist spot.

34. Nepal: Very lean and nice body. Clapper.

35. Nigeria: Better late than never. 3 days late but not a winning material. He is a singer and showed me his MTV. Sorry but no Mister Talent this year.

36. Panama: Always wanted to get his pictures taken to be noticed. He's on my lower half.

37. Peru: A good dancer and gay.

38. Philippines: I was very surprised during press presentation. His stage presence was amazing. Not a very good face but definitely a hot body. In all fairness, he wanted to win saying "Di ako papatalo dito." I can't stop laughing when Edwin, the official photographer noticed that he lost some wait at lalong humaba ang baba nya. Pero mega pose pa rin ang lolo in fairness. I've got tons of pictures with him and my hands were all around him and it was definitely ok with him.

39: Poland: No comment. Mediocre.

40: Portugal: Very photogenic but definitely not winning.

41. Puerto Rico: I've got a "date" with him during one of the temple visits. Since then, he was one of my favorites. Kinda rowdy sometimes but boys will be boys.

42. Romania: Complains a lot. Hates Thai food together with Macedonia. Gorgeous face. He's popular in his country according to him.

43. Singapore. One of my favorites. Very friendly. Very sexy but seldom smiles in pictures. A gym owner back in Singapore.

44. Slovakia: No comment. Mediocre too.

45. Spain: Old looking face.

46. Sri Lanka: Very kind according to organizers.

47.  Sweden: I honestly never noticed him until I saw some prediction lists. He's tall and handsome. 

48.  Switzerland: There is something in this guy that is very charming. I liked his natural curly hair that increases his sex appeal. 

49. Taiwan: Very muscular and square-faced. Joined Manhunt to be noticed by sponsors in his country so he can promote his advocacy. He told me some but I honestly can't remember those. Basically, he was promoting fitness in his country and he's the only Asian to do "something". (Sorry I forgot because we were traveling when chatted with him).

50. Thailand: Define "charming" and he's the answer. He really, really, really looks good in person but not so much in pictures. He has a celebrity face, not a model face.

51.  Turkey: Very soft spoken. "You understand" in every sentence he utters. He knows Ylmaz Bektas. Haha.

52. Venezuela: Met his girlfriend, Luna. Luna was an amazing girl! I don't know with Mr Venezuela.

53. Vietnam: He is tall and typical Asian.   



Definitely no clear cut winners. Once you get to know them, you want them all to win!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment