Monday, September 5, 2011

3rd day in Bangkok

This was supposedly my Kanchanaburi tour day. After my skin-tanning in Ayutthaya, I deleted this trip from my itinerary, plus the fact that the train leaving BKK is in Thonburi station which is not a very accessible. I went to Khao San road area via bus instead!

From Hua Lampong, I rode Bus No. 53 which will pass Chinatown, Wat Po, and Grand Palace. It was a less than hour bus ride and it has no AC.

The conductor of the bus signaled me to get off the bus already. I asked some Thais where Khao San road is but no luck. I already said “Kho-san, Kho-sah, Kaw-san” but still, they can’t understand. I then saw two half-naked farangs (one black and one black) sitting in the park. As I come close, I saw their big traveling bags. It appears they were resting after searching for a place to stay.

“Do you guys know where Khao San Road is?” using my very nice accent. And they answered. Alleluia!

They are definitely not Americans with their accent and not so perfect English. They are not familiar with the place yet but they already came from Khao San and they did give the direction they took getting into the park where they were sitting.

I walked several meters and there you go, a road full of farangs! Khao San road should be very near. With few more questioning, I arrived the popular Khao San Road – the backpacker’s haven.

I arrived at around 9AM and vendors were preparing their stalls. I took my breakfast at McDonalds and tour around after.

So that was Khao San Road. It’s a street full of guesthouses, restos, travel shops, massage spas, hotels, internet shops and food carts. Apparently, everything you need is in Khao San.

Well, Khao San has its long “extension” at another road. You really won’t get lost.

Next time, I will check-in in this area. I even saw some guesthouses offering 100-150Baht per night stay. I wonder how it looks like. But hey, you are in another country. Experience is a must!

Everytime I see seemingly delicious street food, I can’t help myself but try it. Sometimes, I won’t even bother ask the seller what it was because I’ll just get bizarre names. I also bought some packed teas like chrysanthemum, mulberry, green tea, and the like.

I rode the same bus at the Bus stop I alighted. I arrived at Hua Lampong after 20 minutes. I went to my guesthouse, took a shower and went to the same cool place as of yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment